Rick specializes in coaching senior executives and leaders to improve their personal effectiveness and impact within their organization. He brings his exceptional enthusiasm for leadership development and his strong business background to his coaching approach. Rick provides a practical, hands-on business perspective to enhance executives’ abilities in leading strategic organizational growth initiatives in business model redesign, change management and related team and personal challenges.
Rick began his executive coaching practice in 1999 and specializes in Director through C-Suite levels primarily in Sales, Marketing, Finance, IT and General Management functional areas. He has coached executives and their teams operating in the U.S., Europe and Asia in various business life stages requiring specific organizational culture change and leadership adaptation skills. Industry specialization includes Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Insurance, Financial Services and various Technology industries.
Rick has particularly deep domain experience working with physician leaders and healthcare administration executives operating within hospital and multistate health system environments. Rick has extensive experience in business and organizational leadership. His ability to achieve successful and enriching coaching results is based on the powerful combination of applied leadership development systems along with his entrepreneurial experience as Founder and President of GEMCAP Ventures, LLC and his large company career including 19 years with the CIGNA group of companies in a variety of field and corporate assignments including Regional Vice President, Field Operations Vice President, Vice President of New Products and Strategic Alliances, and President of ESIS, a subsidiary Insurance services organization.
Education and Professional Affiliations:
• B.B.A. Loyola Marymount University – Finance
• Assessment Certifications: Insights Discovery, Management Research Group’s LEA, IDI,Hogan HPI, HDS, MVPI, Hay ESCI 360, Bates Executive Presence Index (ExPI)
• Association of Corporate Executive Coaches (ACEC) Member
– Credentialing Committee Member
– Membership Committee Chair
• Certified by the International Coach Federation (I.C.F.)
• Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter (C.P.C.U.)
• Associate in Risk Management (A.R.M.)